LED Light Therapy Q&A…
Curious about trying out LED light therapy? We’ve answered all the most common questions below…
What is LED Light Therapy?
LED light therapy is a painless, relaxing, non-invasive skincare treatment that has multiple benefits. Using various light emitting diode (LED) wavelengths, this treatment helps treat acne, reduce inflammation, and promote anti-aging effects.
What can LED light therapy be used for?
- Reducing acne: great adjunctive therapy to naturopathic treatment.
- Anti-aging: great adjunctive therapy to cosmetic acupuncture and botox.
- Pain and inflammation: Ex sport injury, muscle spasms, arthritis, muscle tension, muscle or joint pain.
- Bruising: can be used after a procedure in which bruising has occurred. Can also be used after acupuncture, botox, or fillers in which bruising is a risk factor.
What does LED light therapy do for skin?
LED Light Therapy uses colour wavelengths of visible light which have specific skin benefits…
Red light LED stimulates cellular activity, including the fibroblasts that produce collagen, which improves skin tone & texture, and reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
Blue light LED works by targeting the sebaceous glands go reduce oil production and kill Propionibacterium acnes – the bacteria that is responsible for acne.
Is there anyone who should NOT use light therapy?
Yes. Anyone with the following…
- seizures, and epilepsy
- pregnant or breastfeeding
- medications with photosensitivity side effects
- recent use of Accutane (within the past 6 months)
- recently had a chemical peel done (with the past 48 hours)
How often should you have LED light therapy?
- Acne: 2 x per week for 4-6 weeks in addition to naturopathic recommendations.
- Anti-aging: 2 x per week for up to 12-16 weeks, or can utilize it with cosmetic acupuncture for the duration of treatments (1 treatment once per week for 8-12 weeks).
- Pain, inflammation, bruising, acute injury: can receive treatment ASAP, duration and quantity would be determined on a case by case basis.
Is LED light therapy dangerous?
No. LED Light Therapy is completely non-invasive and does not hurt; you’ll simply feel a tiny bit of warmth. Light Therapy does not use UV light either, so there’s no risk of skin damage.
What LED light treatments do you offer at Wellth?
Our Naturopathic, Dr. Katie Black, offers LED light therapy as an add-on to any cosmetic acupuncture treatment, or as a stand alone treatment.
+ Add-on treatment to cosmetic acupuncture session – $25.00
+ 30-minute stand alone session – $50.00
Book online HERE, or call the clinic on 416-504-9355 to make an appointment.