5 Tips To Select The Best Prenatal Supplement For You.
Selecting a good quality prenatal is extremely important for both you and your future baby to be! We want to ensure that you are receiving all the vital nutrients required to promote a healthy pregnancy.
Walking into a supplement store can be overwhelming to say the least! Almost every brand out there has a prenatal formulation, but how do you know which one to select? and whether or not it’s the right one for you?
Here are 5 tips to consider:
- Consult with your Naturopathic Doctor. We can alleviate some of the stress associated with choosing a prenatal by ensuring you are taking a professional branded product. GOOD quality is important!
- Look at the non-medicinal ingredients. These ingredients are just as important as the medicinal ones. You want to ensure there are no fillers, additives, or dyes.
- Avoid oxide or carbonate forms of vitamins. Ensure the vitamins are in active forms that your body can recognize, metabolize, and absorb. You don’t want to pay for something your body isn’t gaining benefit from.
- Ensure all doses of the vitamins and minerals are in the required ranges to have the most benefit. Most Naturopathic approved brands contain higher amounts of some vitamins compared to the generic brands. Your ND can help you find the best one for you.
- Look at the vitamin A dose. High doses of vitamin A can be teratogenic (toxic and dangerous to the babe).
If you have any questions, or need help selecting the right pre-natal vitamin, please reach out – email@example.com. You can also book a Naturopathic fertility consultation for you and your partner by calling the clinic on 416-504-9355.