Healthy Snickerdoodle Recipe (Cinnamon Sugar Cookie)
Who doesn’t love Christmas cookies? Of all the treats made during the holidays, cookies are one the favourites here at Wellth. And guess what? You can indulge in Christmas treats and still be healthy!
How, you might ask?
1. You can make these delicious cookies from scratch, using natural and whole ingredients, that are gluten-free and dairy-free, which are two of the components that can increase inflammation in the body.
2. Enjoy one or two cookies, and don’t eat the entire batch (although very tempting)!
Snickerdoodles are a class holiday treat – a vanilla cookie topped with warm cinnamon and sugar. Here’s a simple and easy-to-make Snickerdoodle cookie recipe (with a healthy twist) that’s gluten-free and vegan.
Enjoy and let us know what you think!
Healthy Snickerdoodle Cookie
(makes approx. 12 cookies)
3 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar or date sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients and stir into the dry ingredients.
3. On a parchment-lined baking tray, place one to two inch balls of batter and lightly press down.
4. Sprinkle with the coconut/date sugar and cinnamon.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and place the cookies on a cooling rack.
7. Enjoy with a glass of nut / seed / oat milk!