Digestzymes is comprised of a blend of digestive enzymes along with betaine HCL to support optimal digestion of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. This product aids in the breakdown of casomorphin (from casein) and gluteomorphin (from gluten). Digestzymes also include the enzyme lactase, which helps break down the dairy sugar lactose. The use of Digestzymes before meals may be helpful when patients experience gas and bloating after eating, constipation, or a feeling of fullness after eating only a small quantity of food.
- Digestive enzyme which helps digest proteins and aids in fat digestion
- Glucoamylase (Aspergillus niger-Whole, Glucan 1,4-alpha-glucosidase) – 10 mg (12 FCC GaIU)
- Betaine hydrochloride (Betaine hydrochloride) – 200 mg
- Taka-diastase (4-alpha-D-Glucan glucanohydrolase) (Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae-Whole) – 26.67 mg (4000 FCC DP)
- alpha-Amylase (4-alpha-D-Glucan glucanohydrolase) (Bacillus subtilis-Whole cell) – 2 mg (250 FCC ADU)
- Bacterial Protease (Bacillus subtilis-Whole cell) – 5.79 mg (5788 FCC PC)
- Wild ox (Bos Taurus-Bile) – 50 mg
- Fungal protease (Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae-Whole) – 5.27 mg (4212 FCC HUT)
- Pepsin (Sus scrofa) – 25 mg (250000 FCC PU)
- Peptidase (DPPIV) (Protease, Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae-Whole) – 37.31 mg (10260 FCC HUT)
- Acid protease (Protease, Aspergillus niger-Whole) – 1.82 mg (10 FCC SAP)
- Lipase (Triacylglycerol lipase, Rhizopus oryzae-Whole) – 3.33 mg (500 FCC LU)
- Invertase (beta-D-fructofuranoside fructohydrolase, Saccharomyces cerevisiae-Whole) – 2 mg (400 FCC SU)
- Lactase (beta-D-galactoside galactohydrolase, Aspergillus flavus var. oryzae-Whole) – 5 mg (500 FCC ALU)
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate.
Take 1 capsule per day with or immediately before a meal/food. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have high cholesterol, if you are obese, pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have heart or kidney problems or diabetes, if you are taking anticoagulant agents or anti-inflammatory agents, or are having surgery. Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Do not use if you have gallstones or a bile duct obstruction, if you suffer from gastric reflux or if you have gastrointestinal lesions/ulcers. Headaches, gastrointestinal irritation (e.g. heartburn), diarrhea, bloating and allergy have been known to occur, in which case discontinue use.