The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods.
Naturopathic doctors treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors. Naturopathic doctors emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and by making appropriate interventions in partnership with their patients to prevent illness.
Naturopathic practice includes the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities: clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing, nutritional medicine, botanical medicine, counseling, acupuncture, cupping, prescription medication, and injection therapy.
Our team at Wellth follows a patient-centered, science-based approach that treats the individual, not only the disease.
There are six principles of naturopathic medicine which make it a unique model of care. These principles include:
- First, Do No Harm – by offering the least invasive and safest forms of treatment
- Doctor As Teacher – by educating patients about their body, they can take control in achieving and maintaining health
- Support The Healing Power Of Nature – by offering the body what it needs to promote it’s innate ability to heal itself
- Identify And Treat The Root Cause – by looking beyond the symptoms and digging deep to understand and address the core underlying imbalance
- Treat The Whole Person – by viewing the body as one integrated system including the actions of the mind, body and spirit
- Prevention – by providing the tools to prevent illness before it occurs, to promote a vibrant and thriving life
Our goal is to promote optimal wellness by gaining a thorough understanding of the patient’s genetic, biochemical, and lifestyle factors that enable us to create personalized treatment plans.